Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summery Windsock


One of my yahoo groups went into a frenzy last year when someone  made a windsock and posted it on the group page.  Of coarse, not to be left out, I also went crazy and searched the web for tutorials on windsock making and I was flummoxed at how little info was to be had for the manufacture of these super summery garden must-haves.

I did prevail and madeit and used some new-that-week Embroidery Library mylar designs and I think it turned out pretty good.  You can see in the picture above that darling Bucky seems to approve. Not my arm by the way.

One thing the tutorial did say was to use a sturdy thread in your serger when serging the sides of each strip as serger thread won't hold up well in the weather.  Did I listen? No.  I was too lazy to change out all those threads and, did the windsock hold up well.  Again. No.  Also, here is the best advice I can give you, don't hang it on a limb that is close to the trunk of the tree or another tree limb.  It's tricky.  My windsock perpetually hugs the trunk and it's no fun to untangle.


I really love it though and I might just start looking for designs for another one.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: